Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our "new" living room


so we decided we are going to purchase various expensive furnishings gradually over the next few years so that we don't go bankrupt eventually trying to furnish a house. we used my excess per diem from my month long sabatical to Philly to buy an ottoman. it rules. but then it looked out of place with our hand me down rug. so we shopped. and shopped. and shopped. we were looking for something with red in it (the only color we can usually agree on), but found this one instead. we added some pottery barn pillows (they were on clearance!) and a cheap blanket from sam's club and i think we're well on our way to an actual living room instead of a bunch of hand me down stuff! notice the basket to the right of the couch. that is courtesy of megs and erin king. doesn't it look awesome there!?

2 comments:

Megs said...

It's fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

If I had a million dollars - if I had a million dollars
Well, I'd buy you a house - I would buy you a house
And if I had a million dollars - if I had a million dollars
I'd buy you furniture for your house - maybe a nice chesterfield or an ottoman
And if I had a million dollars - if I had a million dollars...