Friday, March 10, 2006

I Can't Feel My Legs - I have no Legs!

so the other night i was sleeping soundly in my bed at the residence inn in central city philadelphia. i woke up at 2:30 in the morning and needed to use the restroom. i sleepily pulled back the covers and stood up. and collapsed. thinking to myself, again sleepily, that was weird, i tried to stand up again. and collapsed again. so i kneeled by the bed for a few minutes, until i realized that it my leg was really heavy...
it turns out it had fallen asleep. and i fell on my butt twice. hard.
this was the first time i have ever had my leg fall asleep, and quite frankly it was scary. especially at 2:30am. i can't figure out whether it would have been scarier if i was totally awake or if i would have figured out what was going on faster and therefore it would have been less scary. either way, it was weird. but made a great story for everyone in the morning.

1 comment:

erin elizabeth king said...

that's hilarious! have you ever had your arm fall asleep to wake up with it across your body and scream, trying to throw your dead arm across the room when in fact it is attached to you? i love sleep follies! good luck to your tired leg.

:)