Thursday, November 03, 2005

I finally understand....

Last night I purchased and watched the newly released Office Space Special Edition (with flair). First of all, I find it a bit ironic that the special edition was released approximately 5 days after my quest to purchase this movie began. I was sitting at home one day recalling all of the stupid things that happened to me at work that day, and it dawned on me - I'm living Office Space. So I went to buy the movie.
When I first saw this movie, I thought it was funny. I did not, in retrospect, appreciate the full "it's funny because it's true" humor of the movie. For example - yesterday I got FOUR emails regarding the fact that I had forgotten to submit my timesheet on Monday. I had already realized my mistake and submitted it first thing on Tuesday morning, yet four separate individuals felt it necessary to address the issue with me, all asking what happened and stressing the importance of timely submission. What they didn't know is that I did nothing for the last 2 weeks and therefore it had no effect on their precious chargeability. This little incident reminded me of how Peter was recognizing that if he made a mistake, 8 separate bosses felt the need to discuss it with him.
From the first scene to when Peter was driving in rush hour and the guy with a walker was making better time to the scene where they destroy the evil fax machine, I am living this life. Now, if only I could come up with some evil scheme to defraud the company and then find my true calling as a construction worker.....But then again, maybe I just have a case of the Mondays.

1 comment:

erin elizabeth king said...

eww! blog spam!

if you weren't an old married lady i would really insist that you head off to slingers and drink some coffee and pick up jennifer aniston.

best line from the movie:

you know, the nazis had pieces of flare that they made the jews wear.

it almost makes me laugh myself to tears right here right now. haha! flare.