Friday, October 14, 2005

OH MY GOD

so i'm sitting at work today and get a call from michael. he says "did you get my email?" that itself would be enough to make me think "oh my god" as mike NEVER emails me. so i say no. he says he'll send it to my other email account as my work tends to confiscate emails not from KPMG employees. he then adds that the email is from his brother and it contains swearing. now he's peaked my interest. his brother doesn't swear......
first, a little background. michael and i got married recently. instead of writing out thank you notes, we recorded a little message for each person and mailed it off. we used our ipods and a voice recorder to record them and itunes to burn the messages to CD (sounds like extraneous information, but keep reading).
finally i get the email. christopher, michael's brother, is writing to tell us the thank you note would perhaps have been more sincere had we not chosen to title the CD "F**k It". at this point, i nearly fall off my chair in sheer horror. another note, chris has 4 kids, ages 14, 7,4, and 2.
my horror stems from the fact that i intentionally name the CD "Thank You!". just like that. exclamation mark and all. i swear on it.
so we try 2 other cds. one comes up as "what about the next disaster?". the next comes up as a song from patti ann smith.
i called apple. they say, as i suspected, that the cd database that the new mp3 programs pull cd information from has similar files with inappropriate titles. so yeah.
so, the moral of the story - if you got a cd from us as a thank you note and it is named something obscene, thank the nice people at CDDB. I named it thank you.

2 comments:

Megs said...

Yay! I cannot wait to hear what dirty, dirty things you have to say to me! :-)

erin elizabeth king said...

whoa. mine was titled thank you. i swear. now i'm kind of sad about that fact.