Monday, June 25, 2012

Runner

I have been running consistently since the beginning of may. I just finished week 6, day 1, although I think I'm going to repeat it as I had to stop a few times. I have a gym membership and I'm using it. I have new shoes that I picked based on fit, not looks, complete with inserts and totally synthetic running socks. I can run 9 minutes straight.
I am finally finding myself enjoying my runs. I am impressed with myself that I can actually do it. In the past I have always gotten hung up on week 4 - the 6 minutes straight scared the crap out of me. And then I did it and didn't even hurt too badly! Now I feel like nothing is stopping me.
Today I was reading runners world on the plane to Memphis. The gentleman next to me noticed and was reading the same. We talked about training and races and all sorts of running stuff. I've been able to talk the talk for awhile now as I've been on enough 5k race committees to know what I'm talking about. But now I'm finally walking the walk.
I run, even if I don't feel 100%.
I run, even if I look like a fool.
I run, even if I have to walk sometimes.
I am a runner and I'm damn proud of it.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: