Thursday, June 15, 2006

Big Bird and Elmo

two of my favorite people at work -

1) the nice woman sitting behind me with bright red hair. like elmo. and she always wears red tops, as if to really drive her point, whatever that is, home.
2) the older woman with yellow hair. not blond, not light, but flat out yellow. every time i see her i think of big bird. except she's short.

these are the things that keep me entertained all day every day.

it also seems that the meaning of business casual is a little different here. apparently gym pants, stretch leggings, and black jeans all constitute business casual. oh yeah, t-shirts are ok with any of the above.

2 comments:

Megs said...

When I hire someone new for my team, I have to explain the dress code to them. Inevitiably, I'm wearing at least two items of clothing that blatantly violate my company's business-casual dress code. I'm hoping that my bucking the dress code will finally give me the title of Office Floor Slut that I've been working toward...

erin elizabeth king said...

megs, whatever. it's just that no one will call you that to your face. you're so there.

and kate, i keep imagining your workplace as being a cross between office space and dodgeball, the underdog story. am i close in my imagination? if i am, i would so love to come to "take your daughter to work day."