Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wow...what a LONG year.....

This year finished up just as it started. Busy as all get out. And I apologize for the delay in posting. Rest assured all of your emails and questions will soon be answered! First, a quick recap and analysis of the year 2005....
It started out normal. Third year of law school. Bored out of my mind except for that part where we were fighting with the dean....
Second semester of third year of law school. Wow, I actually can become more apathetic and bored....
Graduation. Mom and Dad and Dixie and Denny attended. I don't think the actual gravity of the situation hit me until I was wearing my funny purple hat and walking in to another rendition of Pomp and Circumstance, a song I have hated for as long as I can remember because we had to play it at nausea at graduation in high school. I had finally accomplished my third grade goals and had no idea where I was to go from there, but, it was great to be done.
From there on, life has been a blur. Here are the hightlights...
- Moving from Denver to Milwaukee. Living closer to family and some friends is definitely cool.
- Bar study. Yuck.
- Starting a new job.
- Taking the bar. More yuck.
- My grandma passing away in the middle of the bar exam. Are you kidding me?
- Danielle getting married. Damn that kid is beautiful!
- Me getting married!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckate
- Starting to look for a new job. Which is a lot less stressful when you already have a job, regardless of how much it sucks!
- Passing the bar exam! If anyone needs a lawyer, let me know....
- Mom being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Mom having a partial mastectomy. What a trooper!
- Mom being declared free of cancer and more or less in the clear. Thank God!
- Getting a new job with the good 'ol IRS!
- Going to Jamaica with my not so new husband on our honeymoon. Which was perfect. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckate
- A wonderful christmas with a whole new family. and another family, and another, and another, and another. And 41 presents to give away under the tree!
- An awesome new years weekend with Danielle and Eric and Tony and Sara in Iowa City!

So all in all, it has been an absolutely crazy year. I'm looking forward to just hanging out this year. No major life events, no major family emergencies, nothing. And maybe even staying home at our apartment in Milwaukee every once in awhile! I'm looking forward to spending time with friends and family and seeing at least two new additions to my "family" (yea baby Maddy and baby Schmitz!). And making sure to update this blog more often!

1 comment:

erin elizabeth king said...

i didn't know your mom had had breast cancer. it's nice to hear about it and then two seconds later, read that she's okay! give her a high five and a hug for me!
sounds like a great year to be lived kate! here's to a great 2006!!